Northwood Technical College is seeking applications from qualified candidates for a full-time Safety and Compliance Coordinator at Any Campus Location. (Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake or Superior)
The Safety & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of a comprehensive safety and security program for the college and ensuring compliance with OSHA/NIOSH and other federal, state and local environmental health and safety regulations.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive college-wide safety and security program to include policy and procedures, practices, training for staff and students, methods for resolving issues, and corrective measures. Program content areas include emergency preparedness, hazardous materials, fire and safety equipment, and environmental health and safety.
- Serve as internal consultant and provide technical support to college faculty and staff on a variety of safety, security, and environmental concerns.
- Coordinate safety drills and tabletop exercises.
- Conduct regular, periodic safety and security inspections of college facilities. Identify problems and recommend solutions to appropriate college staff; follow up with inspections as needed. Partner with DMI on Safety and Security audits.
- Keep current with appropriate safety regulations and laws.
- Responsible for assisting in Clery Act reporting. Maintain the Annual Security Report and related records.
- Act as claims manager and maintain regulatory compliance on behalf of Northwood Tech by reviewing, investigating, processing, and responding to claims that are made related to accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Assist the Director of Facilities and Procurement in developing the agenda and chairing the college-wide safety and security meetings.
- Collaborate with Human Resources staff on worker compensation issues and return to work program for employees.
- Work with facility maintenance supervisors to ensure compliance with NIOSH/OSHA, and other federal, state, and local safety laws, codes, and regulations.
- Work cooperatively with college-wide and local safety committees to establish and maintain emergency response procedures and an emergency preparedness program.
- Actively participate in campus, regional, college-wide, and state teams and committees. Travel will be required on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Associate degree in related field
- Two years related work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining accountability and motivation in self and others
- Strong customer service skills that focus on diversity, community, and continuous quality improvement
- Problem-solving skills that employ critical thinking
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Experience leading projects through time management and effective delegation
- Skill in performing safety inspections and ensuring OSHA safety standards preferred
- Ability to develop, implement, and enforce safety programs and protocols
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Bachelor's Degree
FY22 Salary Management Grade 6 - $49,166 / year
More detailed information online at https://www.northwoodtech.edu/about/employment/benefits
To learn more about our commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our College, click here.
Notice of Annual Security Report Availability
Northwood Technical College is committed to assisting all members of the Northwood Tech community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Northwood Tech website.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can stop by any Northwood Tech campus or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, policies related to and programs to prevent sexual assault and other crimes, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Northwood Tech; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by Northwood Technical College Safety Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Northwood Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, service in the uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions or status in any group protected by state or local law in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.