Northwood Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the role of Business Services Technician at any of our campus locations. This role will be schedule 1350 hours per year.
Under the supervision of the Business Services Manager, the Business Services Technician-Student Financials is responsible for Collegewide campus billing and collection efforts. This position assists in managing the daily collegewide business operations and ensures that college policies and procedures are followed by making judgments regarding the integrity of data submitted online and at the campus level. This position is also responsible for collecting accurate information and data for the purpose of informed decision-making. The ability to interpret policies, apply business processes, and deal with information that is sensitive or highly confidential is essential.
This position involves duties that could be performed in a remote or off-site environment. Campus-based duties are minimal, requiring in-person availability on an as-needed basis.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Submit collegewide student and organization accounts to WI Dept. of Revenue State Debt Collection, TRIP, other collection agency, or small claims.
- Run queries to monitor student and organization accounts to determine past due fees or payment plan delinquencies. Prepare reports of non-paying students and forward to appropriate staff.
- Prepare student billings.
- Provide cross-functional customer service to internal and external customers. Assess customer needs and advise prospective and currently enrolled students using knowledge of assessment, admissions, financial aid, orientation, and registration processes and guidelines.
- Oversee and direct the work of business office assistants, work study, and other appropriate staff when applicable.
- Assist and/or provide backup coverage for Campus Business Office: Cashiering, third party contracting, and other Campus Business Office functions as needed.
- Participate in testing and documenting procedures for new software functionality.
- Participate in Collegewide and campus committees and teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Two years post-secondary education in a related field
- One-year related work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining positivity and professionalism
- Strong customer service skills and a focus on creative problem solving
- Time management skills that apply organization and prioritization demonstrating the ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Previous accounting experience
Support & Technical Personnel
More detailed information online at https://www.northwoodtech.edu/about/employment/benefits