The Classroom Support Technician will be scheduled evening hours until 7 pm and weekends as needed.
This position is responsible for providing on-premise and remote classroom technology support to staff and students in the areas of operation of equipment, software and video.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect WITC’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Collaborate and build relationships with faculty, students, and other College staff to ensure delivery of consistent, quality learning environment opportunities.
- Manage the College owned inventory of equipment available for checkout to staff and students.
- Provide classroom and conference center technology support including training on how to properly operate and troubleshooting of issues related to software and equipment.
- Provide on-site support of distance education classes either originating or receiving at the campus during campus hours including nights and weekends.
- Provide on-site video, printer/copier, and telephone technical support to staff, students and external customers.
- Coordinate and monitor the campus proctoring activities.
- Assist staff and students through helpdesk tickets regarding system log-in, password reset and basic operations of software including the college Learning Management System, email and portal access.
- Provide back-up to areas of the Instruction Technology Learning Center(iTLC) activities including reference assistance, video services including closed captioning and library services.
- Assist with maintenance, upgrade or installation of equipment or software upgrades on campuses.
- Oversee and facilitate the issuance of student identification cards.
- Provide input and recommendations to ITLC management regarding best practices in student and staff support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Two years post-secondary education in a related field
- One-year related work experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and the ability to effectively apply technology to tasks and projects
- Ability to contribute to a team environment while maintaining positivity and professionalism
- Strong customer service skills and a focus on creative problem solving
- Time management skills that apply organization and prioritization demonstrating the ability to multitask and work independently
- Outstanding personal presentation skills
- Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy
- Associate degree preferred
FY22 Salary OTS Level I - $17.13 / hour