Northwood Technical College is seeking applications from qualified applicants to fill a full-time Senior Advancement Office position at Any Northwood Tech Campus location (Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake or Superior).
The goal of the Senior Advancement Officer is to facilitate fundraising through effective campaign management, prospect development, relationship management, and stewardship.
This energetic and ambitious team member is an active and visible member of the college and external community. The Senior Advancement Officer will develop and implement strategies to ensure positive connections with donors, students and stakeholders from all populations, and coordinate strategies that support fundraising and engagement goals.
This position reports to and receives administrative direction from the Director of Advancement.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Create and strengthen strategic partnerships that advance the mission of the organization.
- Work with alumni, friends, corporations and foundations to determine philanthropic interests and goals, and effectively close gifts in support of the organization's strategic fundraising priorities.
- Act as program director for alumni development; create comprehensive alumni engagement plan.
- Provide leadership for vendor partnerships, including Blackbaud, Stelter and Givebutter.
- Focus on efforts to increase overall giving through prospect development, campaign management and targeted communications. Conceive, write and edit fundraising proposals to corporations, associations, foundations, and individuals for support of college priorities.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement, Deans, Program Directors, faculty and volunteers in strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors.
- Develop and maintain prospect list with annual goals for frequency of interaction and dollars raised; complete and file thorough reports of all contacts in a timely manner.
- Coordinate development activities and manage a personal portfolio of prospects and donors to ensure timely steps are taken toward solicitation, gift closure, and stewardship.
- Plan and conduct trips in key geographic areas to qualify and cultivate donors.
- Develop three-year communications plan with integrated distribution strategy, detailed timeline and SMART objectives; collaborate with Advancement team and Marketing to ensure active presence on all platforms to engage alumni, donors and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for oversight of all Advancement support functions and Advancement programs.
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability through effective oversight of all budgets and Foundation reporting.
- Work with the Advancement Team and College staff to ensure all gifts are accurately allocated in accordance with donor wishes and recorded according to Foundation policy and IRS regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Associates Degree, plus 3-5 years of experience with fundraising or sales
- Dynamic, energetic personality with exceptional listening and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Familiarity with current fundraising practices
- Initiative, independence and strong attention to detail
- Adept with technology and social media
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy (some travel is required)
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Expertise with non-profit software such as Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge)
- Skill in making presentations to individuals and groups
- Experience with annual fund/direct mail and alumni programming
FY22 Salary - Management Grade 6 - $49,166 / year
More detailed information online at https://www.northwoodtech.edu/about/employment/benefits
To learn more about our commitments to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our College, click here.
Notice of Annual Security Report Availability
Northwood Technical College is committed to assisting all members of the Northwood Tech community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Northwood Tech website.
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can stop by any Northwood Tech campus or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, law enforcement authority, crime reporting policies, policies related to and programs to prevent sexual assault and other crimes, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus. The report also contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Northwood Tech; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
This information is required by law and is provided by Northwood Technical College Safety Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Northwood Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, service in the uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions or status in any group protected by state or local law in employment, admissions or its programs or activities.