Northwood Technical College is seeking applications from qualified applicants to fill a full-time Senior Advancement Office position at Any Northwood Tech Campus location (Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake or Superior).
The goal of this position is to maintain strong donor relations and facilitate fundraising through effective campaign management, relationship management, and stewardship. This energetic and ambitious team member is an active and visible member of the college and external community. The Senior Advancement Officer will develop and implement strategies to ensure positive connections with donors, students and stakeholders from all populations, and coordinate strategies that support fundraising and engagement goals.
This position reports to and receives administrative direction from the Director of Advancement.
- Model cultural competencies that reflect Northwood Tech’s Mission, Vision, Values, Learning College Tenets, and On Course Principles by:
- Assessing own lifelong learning and using self-management to progress toward established personal and professional goals.
- Demonstrating creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills through mutually supportive relationships.
- Communicating authentically in personal and group settings by using creator language to effectively exchange ideas, thoughts, and knowledge.
- Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Leading positive change while demonstrating civility and empathy.
- Finding value in consistently acquiring and applying innovative ideas and technology to support continuous quality improvement.
- Create and strengthen strategic partnerships that advance the mission of the organization.
- Act as program director for alumni development; create and implement a comprehensive alumni engagement plan (including active presence on social media).
- Provide leadership for vendor partnerships.
- Develop three-year communications plan with integrated distribution strategy.
- Focus on efforts to increase overall giving.
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement, Deans, Program Directors, faculty and volunteers in strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors.
- Coordinate development activities and manage a personal portfolio of prospects and donors to ensure timely steps are taken toward solicitation, gift closure, and stewardship.
- Plan and conduct trips in key geographic areas to qualify and cultivate donors.
- Responsible for oversight of all Advancement programs and support functions.
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability through effective oversight of all budgets and Foundation reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sitting most of the time. Walking and standing required only occasionally.
- Associates Degree plus 3-5 years of experience with sales, marketing, fundraising, customer service or related area
- Dynamic, energetic personality with exceptional listening and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Initiative, independence and strong attention to detail
- Adept with technology and social media
- Ability to obtain driver’s license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy (some travel is required)
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records
- Experience presenting to individuals and groups
- Experience with direct mail campaigns
- Experience with non-profit software such as Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge)
FY22 Salary - Management Grade 6 - $49,166 / year
More detailed information online at https://www.northwoodtech.edu/about/employment/benefits