Job Summary: Operate a district vehicle for safely transporting district students and personnel. Reasonable accommodations are considered on an individual basis.
• Demonstrates the ability to drive with concentration and provide a safe environment for students.
• Obeys federal, state, and local transportation rules and regulations.
• Transports students according to assigned routes and time schedule.
• Performs a complete pre-trip inspection and monitors vehicle performance and mechanical conditions.
• Cleans and fuels vehicle as assigned.
• Maintains effective student management during the operation of the vehicle.
• Deals with conflict and uses district established policies regarding discipline.
• Works with administrative, staff, parents and students in a collaborative manner.
• Other duties as assigned by Administration.
• Commercial driver license (CDL) with passenger and school bus endorsements (district training provided as needed).
• Certification or ability to be certified in CPR and first aid and maintain CPR and First Aid certifications throughout career.
• Must be capable on a continuous basis:
▪ Sitting for up to a minimum of ninety (90) minutes.
▪ Driving a school bus with all abilities to function as a safe driver.
• Must be capable on a frequent basis:
▪ Lifting floor to waist, waist to shoulders to 40# and shoulder to overhead to 30#.
▪ Walking and moving.
▪ Pushing and pulling to 40# from floor to waist, waist to shoulders and shoulders to overhead up to 25 #.
▪ Pull (amount of force: 40#) waist to shoulders up to 40 # and shoulders to overhead up to 25 #.
▪ Lifting from floor to waist up to 40 #, waist to shoulders up to 40 # and shoulders to overhead up to 25#.
▪ Climb stairs (maximum height of 16 inches).
▪ Twisting head and body to view all areas to safely drive the bus.
▪ Cervical rotation 180 degrees from left to right and right to left and cervical flexion upward to view mirrors.
▪ Perform all pre-trip maintenance and bus care without accommodations.
• Must be capable on an occasional basis:
▪ Standing without assistance.
▪ Physical abilities necessary for assisting any age student in an emergency or practice situations or bus evacuation from any egress from vehicle.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation