Camp CounselorThe Camp Counselor, under the guidance of the Day Camp Director, is responsible for implementing the day camp program and supervision of day campers, and potentially overnight campers. They shall help to provide a safe and fun atmosphere where children can make new friends, learn new skills and enjoy being outdoors.
REQUIREMENTSThe Camp Counselor must be at least 18 years of age, completed high school and have prior experience working with children, preferably in a camp setting.
- Participate in staff training to include life guard training.
- Report to work on time and ready to begin day.
- Assist Camp Director and other staff members with planning and carrying out activities.
- Stay alert to any potential health or safety dangers to campers.
- Promote good personal relationships and role models the four core values of character development: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Participate in meals and snacks with campers.
- Provide safe experiences to campers both physically and mentally.
- Fill out appropriate forms when needed: accident forms, accident log, etc
- Provide positive feedback and support to your staff team.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
- Day Camp will be a safe, fun, stimulating place for children to attend.
- The Mission of the YMCA will be evident in the Day Camp Program.