Come enjoy and celebrate the barrens of the Northwest Sands!
- Pre-fest auto tour from the Namakagon Barrens to the Douglas County Wildlife Area
- 3:00 p.m. Kick Off: Bountiful Barrens Resolution, "Managing a Jack Pine Barrens"
- 3:30 p.m. Fire History of the Barrens: What do burn scars tell us? Nathan Holoubeck
- 4:15 p.m. Nature Hike, Scavenger Hunt, Wildlife Photography Demonstration, and more!
- 5:15 p.m. Keynote: Natural Connections, Discovering the Joy in Community by Emily Stone.
- 6:00 p.m. - Barrens Picnic!
The event is sponsored by Friends of the Bird Sanctuary, Friends of the Namekagon Barrens, with the support of the Wisconsin Natural Resources Foundation.