• Superior Chamber of Commerce

  • booked.net

  • Work Permits

    Wisconsin Statutes require that all minors age 15 and under must have a work permit BEFORE starting work.  To ensure compliance and avoid delays, please complete the form linked below and bring along the required documents before coming to one of the following locations (based on your school district) to obtain a work permit.   (Photocopy As Needed)


    Superior School District Administrative Office

    3025 Tower Avenue
    Superior, WI 54880


    The School District of Superior will be open Monday - Friday 8 am - 4 pm to assist the public with work permits.  

    Northwestern High School (Maple School District)
    4751 South County Road F
    Maple, WI 54854


    Northwestern High School is open 7:30 am - 3:30 pm Monday - Friday.

    School District of Solon Springs
    8993 E Baldwin
    Solon Springs, WI 54873

    CHILD LABOR WORK PERMIT INFORMATION FORM - School District of Solon Springs

    Solon Springs School District is open 9 am - 3 pm Monday - Friday.  Must call ahead to make an appointment. 

    Work Permit Requirements

    • Effective June 23, 2017, 16- and 17-year-old minors do NOT have to obtain a work permit prior to beginning work.
    • A work permit is required before anyone 15 years of age and under is allowed to work in any job with the exception of agriculture or domestic service work.
    • Employers must have a work permit on file for the minor being employed before they may allow the minor to begin work.

    How to Obtain a Work Permit
    To obtain a work permit, either the minor alone or the minor and a parent must visit the permit officer, taking with them:

    • the minor's birth certificate or other proof of age (see below),
    • the minor's social security card
    • letter from the employer expressing intent to hire, on employer's regular letterhead, describing:
      • job duties,
      • hours of work,
    • a written parents consent
    • a $10.00 permit fee

    Proof of Minor's Age
    You will need a valid operator's license or an identification card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation as proof of a minor's age. This means that either a duly attested birth certificate, a verified baptismal certificate, a driver’s license or photo ID card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation or passport.

    For the Employer - Permit Fee Requirement
    The employer must reimburse the $10.00 permit fee to the minor by no later than the date of the first paycheck.

    Copies of the permit go to the employer and the minor, in addition to the school district where the minor is enrolled

    For more information on frequently asked questions, restrictions, labor standards, etc. visit the State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development website.

  • Featured Events

  • Upcoming Events