2018 Grandma’s Marathon
Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018
Start Time: 7:45 a.m.; wheeler start at 7:40 a.m.
Location: Two Harbors to Duluth, Minnesota
Race Limit: 9,000 registrants
Run Superior. Run the North Shore.
Motivation, inspiration and perspiration.
Since our initial race in 1977, Grandma’s Marathon has grown bigger than just a 26.2 mile race along the scenic North Shore of Minnesota.
It’s a moment where runners of all calibers come together to celebrate the vigor of the human spirit. Where the word “impossible” ceases to exist; a day where 9,000 people are your best running buddy.
Tie up your laces for the 42nd year of memories, miles and human might.
Being a spectator is a great way to get involved in the Grandma’s Marathon weekend festivities,
without having to run 26.2 miles. The enthusiasm from our devoted fans adds tremendous
excitement to the racecourse and gives athletes the incentive to keep striding toward the finish
line. So get out there and cheer your heart out!
THURSDAY, JUNE 14
* ESSENTIA HEALTH FITNESS EXPO. FREE (DECC – Arena) 4:00-8:00 p.m. Open to the public – $5.00/day parking at the DECC
* RACE PACKET PICK-UP (DECC – Paulucci Hall) 4:00-8:00 p.m.
FRIDAY, JUNE 15
* ESSENTIA HEALTH FITNESS EXPO (DECC – Arena) 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
* RACE PACKET PICK-UP (DECC – Paulucci Hall) 10:00 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
* MICHELINA’S ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT SPAGHETTI DINNER (DECC – Pioneer Hall) 11:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
* BUS TOURS OF THE RACECOURSE. $5 (Departing from the DECC) 1:00 & 3:00 p.m. Tickets available at the information booth in Pioneer Hall
*WHIPPER SNAPPER RACES FOR KIDS. FREE (Bayfront Festival Park). Open to ages 14 and under. Registration 12:00 p.m. Mascot Races, Kids Races to follow 2:00 p.m.
* GUEST SPEAKER PRESENTATIONS (DECC – Edmund Fitzgerald Hall)
* 25TH ANNUAL WILLIAM A. IRVIN 5K (at the William A. Irvin ore boat) 6:00 p.m.
* LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. $20 (Big Top Tent in Canal Park) All ages show gates open at 7:00 p.m.
SATURDAY, JUNE 16
* 28TH ANNUAL GARRY BJORKLUND HALF MARATHON 6:15 a.m.
* 42nd ANNUAL GRANDMA’S MARATHON 7:45 a.m.
* LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. FREE (Big Top Tent in Canal Park) All ages show
* AWARDS CEREMONY (Lake Superior Ballroom – DECC) 4:00 p.m.
* LIVE ENTERTAINMENT. $10 (Big Top Tent in Canal Park) Ages 21 & older gates open at 7:00 p.m.