Celebrate the greatest of the great lakes, Lake Superior on Lake Superior Day! Always the third Sunday in July, Lake Superior day began in the early 1990s. This day is celebrated with fun events in communities all across the big lake!
The Superior Lake Superior Day Celebration is a collaboration between the Lake Superior National Estuarine Research Reserve and partners! See below for a list of all the fun things to see and do down at Barker's Island from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm on Sunday, July 18!
Paddle for the People 2021
- A 4k paddle race around Barker's Island hosted by North Shore SUP. This event is free, but you must register ahead of time. Awards will be announced at Noon or 12:30 pm!
- Live Music
- Estuarium will be Open!
- Interactive booths from individuals, organizers, and businesses
- Scavenger Hunt
- SUP Demonstrations - Noon - 3 pm
- Half-price admission to the S.S. Meteor
- Restoration and research-based boat rides