The Lake Superior Dragon Boat Festival (LSDBF) is organized, operated and staffed by Rotary Club of Superior for the good of our community. These members who are local residents of the Twin Ports area have created this family fun event to better the community and experiences of the people within it. Since 2002, LSDBF has raised over $1.3 million to support charitable organizations in the Twin Ports. 23rd Veteran is this year's charitable partner. Choose from several events: Dragon Boat Race 5k Fun Run Tug of War Prepare for the fun: Food Trucks Beer Garden Live DJ & Emcee Award Ceremony LSDBF supports the mission of Rotary International: to provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders. Rotary International consists of 1.2 million members and 33,000 clubs in over 200 countries worldwide.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 4:00 – 11:00 p.m.
• 4:00 p.m.: Food Trucks and beer garden open
• 5:00 p.m.: Opening ceremony
• 6:00pm: Big Wave Dave and the Ripples (funk/soul/blues/rock music)
• 8:00pm: Virgil Caine (roots rock/R&B/blues music)
SATURDAY, AUGUST 26, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
• Dragon Boat Races
• 5K Fun Run
• Tug of War
• Food trucks
• Beer garden
• Live music and entertainment provided by Superior Porchfest, Barker’s Island Festival Park Bandshell:
O 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Sterling Silver Dance Troop
O 1:00 -1:45 p.m.: Ventriloquist Jeremy Lepak
O 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.: The Note-ables (choral music)
O 3:30 -5:00 p.m.: A Band Called Truman (blues rock)
• 4:00 p.m.: Award Ceremony