Give Blood this Holiday Season and Get a PresentDecember 18, 2019
Memorial Blood Centers is asking the public to give back by giving blood this holiday season. December is a difficult time to meet the needs of local hospitals, with donors missing regular appointments due to seasonal illnesses, family plans, and even winter weather. New and returning donors of all blood types are urgently needed to ensure a stable blood supply.
Every two seconds, someone needs blood. Whether it’s a kid battling cancer like Jaela or a mother fighting for her life like Katie, hospital patients rely on the generosity of volunteer donors to provide the life-saving blood and blood components they need. Nearly 100% of the blood used by patients in Northland hospitals is donated by Northland blood donors with Memorial Blood Centers.
Community members are encouraged to make a life-saving donation by giving blood at any of Memorial Blood Centers’ donor centers, or a public blood drive such as:
· Bigfork Valley Hospital (Bigfork, MN) – December 26 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
· Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota (Bemidji, MN) – December 27 from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
· Lowe’s (Hibbing, MN) – December 27 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
· International Falls VFW (International Falls, MN) – December 30 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
· Gilbert VFW (Gilbert, MN) – December 31 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
· St. Louis County Courthouse (Duluth, MN) – January 3 from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
· Husky Energy (Superior, WI) – January 3 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
It takes less than an hour to help save lives. For a full schedule of public blood drives or to schedule your next blood donation, visit MBC.ORG or call 1-888-GIVE-BLD (888-448-3253).