Resurfacing project on segment of WIS 35 in village of Superior to start Monday
To invest in Wisconsin’s transportation system, Gov. Tony Evers has signed a $692,109 contract to resurface WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) from North 64th to North 69th streets in the village of Superior in Douglas County. Work is scheduled to begin Monday.
Monarch Paving Co. is the prime contractor for the project. Construction will entail:
During construction, WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) will remain open, with one lane of traffic flowing in each direction on half of the road as work is completed on the other half.
Construction is scheduled for completion in October. The schedule is dependent on favorable weather conditions and construction progress.
For more information regarding traffic impacts, transportation news and improvement project updates in Wisconsin’s Northwest Region:
Motorists are reminded that using handheld cell phones in Wisconsin work zones is illegal. Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
- Milling the existing asphalt pavement on WIS 35 (Tower Avenue).
- Making spot repairs of the existing concrete pavement and curb and gutter.
- Overlaying WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) with hot-mix asphalt.
- Reconstructing select existing storm sewer manholes and inlets.
- Installing, replacing or upgrading curb ramps where needed to comply with the Americans With Disabilities Act.