WIS 35/WIS 105 Intersection
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation, in coordination with the city of Superior, is improving the WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) and WIS 105 (Central Avenue/North 61st Street) intersection to improve the function of the intersection and reduce angle crashes.
WIS 35 (Tower Avenue) and WIS 105 (Central Avenue/North 61st Street) intersection Superior, Douglas County.
The improvements include:
- Reconfiguring the lanes.
- Constructing median islands.
- Signalizing the intersection.
- Reconstructing the sidewalk curb ramps in all intersection quadrants.
- Adding two parking spots on WIS 35.
In addition, BNSF Railway plans to make improvements to its facilities adjacent to the WISDOT project.Schedule
The schedule for 2021 is:
• Start May 3• Completion: Mid-August
- In This Together Quick Guide: https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/projects/in-together/QuickGuide.pdf
- In This Together Business Guide: https://content,dot.wi.gov/content/itt/index.html
• Traffic will be maintained with a single lane in each direction, using lane shifts, turn-lane closures and shoulder closures.
• Flagging will be used to direct motorists through the work zone at times during daylight hours.
WisDOT Northwest Region Consultant Project Manager
WisDOT Northwest Region Project Supervisor
Christena T. O'Brien
WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
(715) 833-9814, (715) 828-9471
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Superior Office
1701 North 4th Street
Superior, WI 54880-1068
Phone (715) 392-7925 or toll-free (800) 590-1868
Fax: (715) 715-392-7863
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711