Financial aid experts from the University of Wisconsin-Superior and other institutions will help college-bound students apply for financial aid as part of College Goal Wisconsin on Tuesday, October 26, at 6 p.m. in Swenson Hall on the UW-Superior Campus.
College Goal Wisconsin is part of a nationwide effort by financial aid professionals to help prospective college students of all ages fill out and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA for the 2022-23 academic year. The federal government requires the FAFSA from all students seeking financial aid, including loans and grants, to help pay for college.
Anyone from any state who is interested in attending any college or university can attend the free College Goal event to get help filing their FAFSA.
Dependent students should bring a parent along with completed federal income tax returns for 2020 and W-2 statements for themselves and their parent(s). If a parent isn’t available, dependent students should still bring the tax information. Students who are not dependents should bring their own completed federal income tax returns for 2020 and W-2 statements.
At a Glance
Students will need the following items to complete your 2022-23 FAFSA. If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need these items for your parent(s).
- 2020 Federal Tax Return and W2s.
- 2020 Untaxed Income Records, such as child support or veteran’s non-education benefits
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
- Driver’s License (if you have one)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Date of birth for parents
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce, or separation
It is highly recommended that a dependent student attends the event with a parent so the FAFSA can be submitted that evening.
To register, for more information regarding this event and a list of items needed to complete the FAFSA, visit www.collegegoalwi.org
Swenson Hall is located at 1610 Weeks Ave. in Superior.